The NTGPA Chapter is committed to supporting and encouraging students to follow an engineering degree or technical program with the goal of entering the oil and gas processing industry upon graduation. We currently support many universities with annual scholarships awarded in July. Over the course of the last 20+ years that NTGPA has been providing scholarships, the Chapter has granted over $250,000 in scholarships to more than 100 students. In the last five (5) years alone, the Chapter has granted scholarships totaling $146,000 to 50 students.
Scholarship awards are given to those recipients who demonstrate a strong interest in the industry. To support this effort NTGPA has created a dedicated Scholarship Committee whose primary purpose is to:
- Raise student awareness of NTGPA Scholarship Program on campuses throughout the North Texas Region
- Solicit student applications for scholarship award consideration
- Review applications and essays and provide candidate recommendation list to the Board
- Submit to the Board a list of candidates for approval based on recommendation of committee and scoring criteria
- Successful candidates will be informed of award and will be invited to the NTGPA Regional Conference for recognition
- Scholarship checks will be sent to the students registered University before the following semester
Objectives for the Scholarship Committee are to:
Provide scholarship opportunities to engineering students at the following four-year campuses:
- Texas A&M University
- University of Texas
- Texas Tech University
- Texas Christian University
- University of North Texas
- Baylor University
- Letourneau University
- Raise awareness of job opportunities in the Gas Processing Industry to students from the North Texas area
- Raise gas processing industry awareness in the engineering faculty and student populations
- Provide secondary benefit, such as networking between GPA members, etc.
- Encourage participation in NTGPA education and networking events.
Committee membership will include the following – all of which hold current positions as Director of the NTGPA:
- A Chairperson
- An Alternate Chairperson
The remainder of the committee is made up of other NTGPA Members.
The Scholarship Committee meets as necessary and may arrange their meetings in concert with the regularly scheduled Director’s meetings. The general schedule for affecting the purpose of Scholarship Committee is as follows:
- April: Open application process.
- May: Receive applications.
- June: Review applications, committee submits recommendation to Board, Board approves recipients.
- July: Candidates informed.
- August: Scholarships are funded